Sunday, November 12, 2017

THE TOP TEN BEST RECORDS OF 2017

THE TOP TEN BEST
RECORDS OF 2017
_________________________

The "best" records of the year
is a subjective topic, to be sure.
Hence, this fun year-end wrap-
up reflects merely my personal
picks from the last 12 months.
_________________________

From rock, punk and various "core" sub genres to pop, country and all points in between, 2017 was truly a banner year for music. And as someone who is consumed by listening to music 24/7   particularly new music, determining my personal Top Ten this year was a daunting task, indeed. But after intense, careful consideration, I've accomplished my mission masterfully. Spoiler alert — I have extremely eclectic tastes.

10
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
Echo Papa

I was crushed completely by the
2017 set from this indie darling.
You will be too.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

9
JOHN 5
AND THE CREATURES
Season of the Witch

One of rock's most innovative artists
of the last two decades, guitar ace
John 5 dropped a doozie last spring.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

8
SAVE FERRIS
Checkered Past

 Perennial ska poster chick Monique Powell
returned to Vans Warped Tour in 2017.
And along with the latest configuration of
her famed troupe, she also delivered a crisp,
concise and totally irresistible new EP.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

7
GRETA VAN FLEET
Black Smoke Rising

Simply put, this Michigan-based
powerhouse is the "Led Zeppelin"
for today's deprived young rock
crowd. And their debut EP was
truly an epic offering.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

6
KELLEY RYAN
Telescope

The latest from Kelley Ryan was a
surprise seduction when it arrived
a few months ago. And it's a "must"
for singer / songwriter aficionados.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

5
FASTBALL
Step Into Light

One of my all-time favorites,
Fastball knocked it clean out
of the park with their latest
batch of contagious ear worms.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

4
DOLL SKIN
Manic Pixie Dream Girl

When I say this scrappy combo is
the greatest American rock band
since Guns N' Roses, I mean it.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

3
BAD COP / BAD COP
Warriors

I love this band so much, I vomit
just thinking about them. Hmm,
I sure hope that's love. Anyway,
this is THE strongest straight-up,
pissed-off rock record of 2017.

 Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

2
LILLY MAE
Forever and Then Some

Forget about genres — Lillie Mae
is an artist of the highest order.
And her 2017 debut effort is
packed with impeccable songs.

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

1
JULE VERA
Waiting on the Sun

A superb band whose super-sweet
sophomore set did NOT disappoint.
ALL HAIL JULE VERA!

Read my official review HERE.
_________________________

So there you have it — my official 2017 Top Ten. I realize your results may vary. Hence, feel free to offer your personal thoughts in the "Comments" section below.

-Christopher Long
(November 2017)

The latest from author Christopher Long
is available NOW on Amazon.

Also from Christopher Long...
Get it on Amazon.

Currently in development...

No comments:

Post a Comment