Thursday, July 7, 2016

"MY GLOW IN THE DARK HEART" by Bryce Willey (Guest Post)

MY GLOW IN THE
DARK HEART
by Bryce Willey
(Guest Post)
_________________________

My "Guest Contributors" forum
provides a platform in which
writers can share their work
quickly and easily with global
readers. And to celebrate his
first anniversary as one of the
most prolific Show Biz Guru
"Guests," Florida storyteller
 and poet, Bryce Willey, returns
to offer his best feature to-date.
_________________________


MY GLOW IN THE DARK HEART

The right side of the moon. I look up at it every night. It seems to never notice me, either. It doesn’t wanna talk, or I need new glasses. I feel like running today, but I’m not going to. I’m too embarrassed of my body to actually do it. Isn’t it strange how we can be embarrassed of our own body? It's not like we can change our body like an outfit and choose another one.

My glow in the dark heart tells me I’m smart and beautiful. Now, I know what you’re wondering "Hey Bryce! What’s a glow in the dark heart?"

I’m glad you asked! A glow in the dark heart is a soul that spends way to much time in the dark, but for the life of them, they tell you they're FINE and not depressed. You’re not fooling anyone, we can see the problem.

The snow globe of depression you're in is breakable. Nothing is bullet proof. If you keep shooting words with the trigger in your pen, you'll make it out alive. You might come out with scars, but they are nothing but reminders that you can overcome anything thrown at you! So keep shooting light a candle with the matches under your pillow, put the knife hidden in your closet back in the kitchen. Tell your parents you love them your brother, your sister, your friends who are scared that their friend won't make it 'til the morning sunrise to see them graduate, get married… grow.

Either you're sad or you're addicted to being sad. You crave the attention you get when you show up to school with new cuts. I don’t blame you, though you don’t even know you're doing it. So, I guess all we can do is snap you out of it!

Your silent scream was louder than you think.
I love you. We love you. Please turn on the lights to see that we’re in the hall behind the door, waiting with open arms to hug our friend.

-Bryce Willey
(July 2016)
_______________________________ 
BE MY "GUEST!"
Do you have something to say, something to get off your chest or an amazing story to share? From pop culture views and reviews to political commentary to messages of faith, my blog is a great platform for writers to showcase their work. There are very limited criteria for submitting a post. Your views don't even have to be in line with mine — just create and contribute a compelling, well-written story. Interested? Send me and email.

-Chris
AuthorChristopherLong@yahoo.com 
_______________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment