Monday, March 23, 2015

IT AIN'T NO JIVE — MY SITE TURNS FIVE!

IT AIN'T NO
JIVE — MY SITE
TURNS FIVE!
____________________

From pop culture and
political commentary to
family and faith features,
The Show Biz Guru 
has now been carving
up some of the coolest
content on the Net for
a 20th of a century!
____________________

In the spring of 2010, I knew very little about blogging. It was simply a viable Internet tool that other writers were harnessing successfully an option that potential publishers now were encouraging me to also explore as a means of building my platform and developing my audience. Back then, I had no clue how to launch a website, let alone how to create an eye-catching layout or compelling content. Heck, at that time, I was still living on MySpace. As a result, once my awkward-looking site went live, my initial posts amounted to little more than standard social media-type drivel regarding my upcoming appearances or what I would be doing on any given weekend. Yep, The Show Biz Guru was lame.

But six months after first launching this site, I learned how to monitor its stats. And to my dismay, I discovered that it already had received nearly 2,000 visits. It then occurred to me that if that many people were stopping by to read gobbledygook, my audience could potentially explode if I just put forth some extra effort and started creating strong consistent content. As they say, practice makes perfect, and I experimented with different design layouts and I began posting several times a week. Five years later, my traffic continues to sky rocket.

From pop culture and politics to family and faith, my array of topics reflect my own personal perspectives and real life experiences. Even after weeding out the weak crap from over the years, The Show Biz Guru currently is home to nearly 400 features. Some of my content might make you laugh. Some of it might tug on your heartstrings or simply make ya go, "Hmm." And some of it just might make you hurt yourself, getting angry. The following features (in chronological order) are what I believe to be my Top Ten all-time best. If you can possibly manage the time, I invite you to take a look. Enjoy! 

(October 18, 2011)
THE STARTLING 
REVELATION:
I Am The Creepy Guy!

Yikes — I used to be young and
hip. Apparently, not anymore.
Read it HERE.


(September 16, 2012)
LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS!

Now, more than ever before, our
political perspectives are dividing
our country. Maybe, we need to all
relax and just hug each other.
Read it HERE.


(October 31, 2012)
BOOK REVIEW
Makeup To Breakup
- Peter Criss -

My review of this KISS
co-founder's roller coaster
memoir remains one of
my most popular features.
Read it HERE.


(December 3, 2012)
TURNING THE
BIG 5-0!

Waxing nostalgic on
my first half century.
Read it HERE.


(January 17, 2013)
THE CINNAMON 
CHALLENGE

I'll never forget the night that
I nearly died — at church!
Read it HERE.


(August 16, 2013)
TOP TEN PEOPLE I WANT
TO HAVE COFFEE WITH

From Ted Nugent to
Ann Coulter, the title
alone speaks for itself.
Read it HERE.


(September 5, 2013)
Top 10 Items NEVER to
Buy at a Thrift Store!

Simply put, I love thrifting.
However, some items are
just meant to be bought new.
Read it HERE.


(November 23, 2013)
The LAST Movie Night

For many parents, the experience
of our kids leaving the nest is a
harrowing one, indeed. For me,
it flat-out sucked, dude.
Read it HERE.


(February 10, 2014)
HAPPY 40th
BIRTHDAY 1974

A heartfelt tribute to
the greatest year ever!
Read it HERE.


(August 2014)
LET THERE BE ROCK!
On Tour with 
The RockNRoll Chorus

At 51, I couldn't believe
that I went back out on tour
again with a rock band. But
what an awesome ride it was.
Find the entire three-part series: 

I'm proud of all of the work presented on The Show Biz Guru especially the features that have been created and submitted by my glorious gaggle of "Guest Writers." You can find those HERE.

What started out as a meager blog with minimal traffic now has blossomed into a popular Internet destination. And I'm extremely grateful to everyone who has stopped by since 2010 and taken the time to read my work. Be sure, I'm just getting started, and the best is yet to come!

-Christopher Long
(March 2015)


The latest from author Christopher Long
is available NOW on Amazon.

Also from Christopher Long...
Get it on Amazon.

Currently in development...

1 comment: