Thursday, September 26, 2013

THRIFT STORE ADVENTURES (Pt. XIII): 2nd Anniversary Edition

THRIFT STORE ADVENTURES
(Pt. XIII)
2nd Anniversary Edition
____________________________

After two incredible 
years, my popular
Thrift Store Adventures 
series is still going 
strong. And as we
join in together on
a rousing chorus
of "Happy Birthday," 
let's take a look at
my latest discoveries... 
____________________________

Today's expedition once again brought
me to my favorite haunt — the thrift shop
located at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic
Church in Indian Harbor Beach, FL.
Fall was in the air and I was ready to
shop 'til I dropped. And as usual, I did
not leave disappointed or empty-handed.

I couldn't help but be drawn to 
these stuffed Olsen twins dolls.
After searching for more than 20 
years, finally located the "Spring 
1990" edition of Country Handcrafts.
(My collection is now complete!)
My most recent related post was entitled,
The  "Golden Girls" manning the 
front counter entertained customers 
in their typical fashion with an eclectic
music mix while offering a delicious
assortment of pastries. But with
visions of Burger King's original
chicken sandwich BOGO deal
dancing in my head, I had to fight
off the tasty temptations. 

but clearly, that list is still growing. 

I also was delighted to discover an 
array of quality children's DVDs, as 
well as this wholesome family western.

All and all, today brought another fabulous
thrifting experience. And as I mentioned,
this post commemorates the 2nd anniversary
of this continuing series. And in case you've 
missed any installments along the way,
links to all of my thrift store-related
features can be found HERE.

-Christopher Long
(September 2013)


The latest from author Christopher Long
SHOUT IT OUT LOUD -
is available NOW on Amazon.

Also from Christopher Long...
Get it on Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. man I luv Thrift Store hunting & theres plenty of them here in Savannah......lol
    its Georgie Rockwood...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Georgie -- my partner in pop!

      Great hearing from you, man.

      -Chris

      Delete
  2. Chris , I just luv the passion we share 4 pure pop music & all our lil conversations about pop music !!!!!

    ReplyDelete