Monday, December 17, 2012

ICE! at The Gaylord Palms Resort - Orlando, FL (2012)


Brrrr — ICE! is back. (Photos: Michelle Wilson)

_________________
 
Celebrating its 
10th incredible
year, the popular
holiday production, 
ICE! returns in 2012
to Orlando's swanky  
 _________________



Complimentary parkas are loaned out to ICE! attendees.

I can't believe that it's already been a year since my girlfriend Michelle roped me into attending  the 2011  ICE! pre- sentation of Shrek the Halls with her and her two young daughters. But in the spirit of full disclosure, I will admit that I had such a blast during last year's run  at The Gaylord, that I actually suggested we attend the all-new production Merry Madagascar in 2012.
 
ICE! is akin to a wax museum, except these sculptures are all carved out of ice  TONS of ice! And in order to maintain the sculptures' icy perfection throughout the event's six-week en- gagement, the temperature of the viewing area is kept at a cozy 9°.
 
The 2012 presentation of ICE! easily topped 2011's production.
 
Although last year's Shrek theme was certainly an impressive production, this year's Madagascar  presentation is by far a bigger and better spectacle. Sim- ply put, ICE! offers quality, holiday family fun. And I wouldn't be surprised if we do it all again next year.
 
-Christopher Long
(December 2012)
 
P.S. I had planned to  take a break from posting any  new content until January 1st, however, this experience was so fun that I just had to share it. But be sure, I still have several guest bloggers stand- ing by with some groovy posts that will carry us through the remaining holiday season. Stand by!
 
 
 The latest from author Christopher Long
is available NOW on Amazon.
 
Also from Christopher Long...
Get it on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. The Gaylord is a wonderful place for a weekend trip for you and the kids, or for a little romantic getaway.florida vacation villas

    ReplyDelete