Wednesday, December 19, 2012

'TWAS THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS (Guest Post)

Apparently,
Michelle Wilson
has been baking 
(and composing)
during this holiday
season. Hey 
Michelle, save
some for us,
why don't cha?! 

___________________


‘Twas the week before Christmas
and being no mouse
I ate homemade treats
and got big as a house.

I baked for nine hours
and sampled the lot
Burnt my tongue twenty times
‘cause the cookies were hot.

Chewy and gooey
and heavy and rich
Each different batch
would tempt me to switch.

As the teasing aromas streamed
all through the halls
My downfall was really
the triple chocolate balls.

Crushed Oreo and pudding
and milk rolled up round
Dipped in dark chocolate
and formed by the pound.

I really did mean to save
half the batch
But Christmas cookies come
with their own sort of catch.

Sprinkles and kisses
and chocolate chips too
What in the world
is a nosher to do?

Santa will just have
to wait his turn
'Cuz I'm not really sure
that his sack's my concern.

So I'll savor the last
snickerdoodley bite
Merry snacking to all,
and to all a good night.
 


-Michelle Wilson
(December 2012)



__________________________________________________________
 
BECOME A GUEST BLOGGER!
Do you have something to say, something to get off your chest or an amazing story to share? From pop culture views and reviews to political commentary to messages of faith, my blog is a great platform for writers to showcase their work. There are very limited criteria for submitting a post. Your views don't even have to be in line with mine — just create and contribute a compelling, well-written story. Interested? Send me and email.

-Chris
AuthorChristopherLong@yahoo.com
__________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment