Friday, October 26, 2012

BEDAZZLED!

I rely on a team of experienced professionals to
maintain my "naturally" youthful good looks!
 _____________________________
 
As outer bands of
barrele down
today on my
oceanside town
of Satellite Beach,
FL, I find myself
faced with a man-
size dilemma.
_____________________________


I've got two personal appearances scheduled for this weekend and in just a few days I will be traveling out of the country for a week-long missions trip to Nicaragua with a crew from East Coast Christian Center. But when I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror  I  was horrified to  discover that I had inches of unsightly gray roots and my nails were a disaster. Clearly, I was in no condition to be seen anywhere in public  not even by the natives in Popoyo, Nicaragua. Yikes!
 
Time was limited and this situation required immediate attention. I just so happen to keep the number  for  the greatest  salon, Studio Medusa, programed into my trusty flip-phone and I made a distress call in short order. Fortunately, I've racked up so many "frequent flyer miles" at Studio Medusa that they always take my call. In fact, there is talk of them designating a personal VIP parking space for me.  Within seconds, I was on the books for a 10AM  appointment cut, color,  nails the works.  However, there was still an issue of the hurricane to factor into this equation. We were experiencing a torrential downpour with wind gusts of 40 mph.  So what's a guy to do? Well, I grabbed my umbrella, threw on my Hannah Montana galoshes and set out to brave the elements like a man. After all, the gals at the salon were waiting for me!
 
My nail tech, Melody, was thrilled to see me as she had just received an exciting new line of nail products and I typically serve as an eager and willing guinea pig.  As always, we were both bedazzled by the results. However, my stylist, Barbara, faced a challenge. Despite my ever-vanishing hairline, ten gallons of jet black goop is now required to combat my escalating  gray factor and that takes time! But she's the best in the biz and in the end, I walked out of  Barb's salon looking 15 years younger.  My mission was accomplished.

Thanks, girls!
 
-Christopher Long
(October 2012)
 
STUDIO MEDUSA
700 S. Patrick Drive
Satellite Beach, FL 32937
(321)777-3351
 
Author Christopher Long's latest book
is available NOW on Amazon.
 

1 comment:

  1. God be with in on your trip to Nicaragua, and I can't wait to read about your experience there!

    --Vince

    ReplyDelete