Saturday, July 7, 2012

C'MON! (The Skinny on My Latest Book)

Based on my personal experiences with a legendary rock band, my first book arrived in stores on April 1, 2010. Seemingly over night I'd graduated from writing music-related columns and reviews for various print and online publications to having a popular book on Amazon. And before I knew it, I was traveling from coast to coast, doing newspaper, Internet, radio and TV interviews while on my first national book signing tour. To say the least, the experience was surreal.

By the time I began developing my next project, I had undergone a life-changing spiritual transformation and had become focused entirely on a different message. I no longer was interested in recounting salacious back- stage stories of sex, drugs & rock and roll. I was now compelled to share with readers a truly powerful mes- sage. Oh sure, hocking a tell-all about Poison was a piece of cake, but I had no idea whether or not my audience would embrace a story regarding the "Good News" of Jesus Christ.

I put nearly two years into the development of my second book and on January 17, 2012 C'MON! - My Story of Rock, Ruin and Revelation finally was released. Simply put, I love telling people about my relationship with Jesus, and there are many who are apparently eager to listen. Who knew? In fact, in just six months, C'MON! has already outsold my first book. Crazy!

REVIEWS

"Long's story may make you feel like you 
are looking at yourself in the mirror."
-Greg Van Vorhis (GoodReads.com)

"C’MON!" is well-written with a dose 
of self-deprecating humor."
-Beth Lynne (BZHercules.com)

"I gave this one a 5 out of 5 books because the 
author could have been my neighbor, my 
brother's friend or a relative. Thanks Chris!"

"This book rocks!"
-Lisa Snyder (Rock Thiz Magazine)

"I recommend this book to anyone who thinks 
their life is shit and can't ever change."
-Angela Hupp (AngelsCove.blogspot.com)

"It really hits home."
-Jeff "Blando" Bland (Guitarist for the rock band Slaughter and Vince Neil)

"A bold testimony."
-Chris Johnson (Worship Pastor / East Coast Christian Center - Merritt Island, Florida)

"Long has dished up something akin to the rock
'n' roll version of 'The Cross and the Switchblade!'"
-Gail Worley (Rock Critic at Large / WorleyGig.com)

"A great story that will open your 
eyes in more ways than one."
-Bryan Dumas (Band Director / Word of Life Center - Shreveport, Louisiana)


I encourage readers to check out C'MON on Amazon and you're feeling extra chipper, you're welcome to leave a reader review. This type of customer feedback is essential to a successful book promotion and your support is appreciated tremendously! Here are just a few reader comments to recently have come my way:

"So good, so inspiring. Loved it!" 
Jen (Minook, IL)

"Got it, read it, loved it!" 
Emma (Palm Bay, FL)

"The author has an interesting life 
story to tell and he tells it well." 
Ruby (USA)

"I was blown away." 
Jerry (Springfield, MO)

"Read this book and let God 
 speak to you through it." 
Candy (Melbourne, FL)

"It will make you simply go 'Wow' !!!" 
Kelly (Jackson, TN)

"An uplifting story. 
A really solid piece of writing." 
Annette (West Palm Beach, FL)

"This is a must read book." 
Michelle (Cocoa, FL)

"I am enthralled! This is even 
better than Chris' last!" 
Jamie (Oklahoma City, OK)

"Chris has a way of 'speaking' from 
the printed page right to your heart."
Pam (Melbourne, FL)

"It took a lot of guts to write this book." 
Fred (Missouri City, TX)

"What Long has overcome 
is truly inspirational." 
 Michelle (Melbourne, FL)

"An incredible testimony." 
Vince (Wichita, KS)

"I highly recommend it."
Bob (Indialantic, FL)

"I enjoyed it." 
Nick (Los Angeles, CA)

"A total feel-good." 
Dorothy (Orlando, FL)

"I didn't expect to be so entertained." 
Robyn (Atlanta, GA)

"It's everything I was hoping for." 
Yvette (Melbourne, FL)

"I liked it a lot!"
Roberta (Rockwell, NC)


C'MON! YOUTUBE TRAILER
Also special thanks to video director, Cole Alcock for creating such a fabulous and eye-catching promotional clip for C'MON! I also encourage readers to "Like" this, as well as to offer personal comments.


Much thanks to everyone for the continued incredible support and encouragement. And yes, my third book currently IS in development. STAY TUNED!

-Chris
(July 2012)

The latest from author Christopher Long
SHOUT IT OUT LOUD -
is available NOW on Amazon.

Also from Christopher Long...
Get it on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. This is totally amazing! Congrats on the success of the book!

    ReplyDelete