Monday, February 13, 2012

THRIFT STORE ADVENTURES - Pt. VI (New Destination)

Devouring a Goodread at Goodwill!
Very little gets my
blood pumping like discovering a new
thrift store. Today, I
visited the Goodwill
location in Merritt
Island, FL. My girl-
friend has been around
the thrift store "block"
more times than I.
Hence, she'd visited
this store already and was psyched to turn
me on to a new spot.
 
______________________________________________________________
 
This was a fun little number, right?
(Unfortunately, I couldn't find the 8-track version.)
Through my personal past experiences, I've found the Goodwill stores in my area to be generally clean, organized and well-managed. However, this one took the cake. I'm guesstimating that the store is 12,000 square feet. Although they're a bit pricier than the typical Mom and Pop-type thrift store, the overall inventory was stellar. The staff was friendly and I'd wager a guess that I could have eaten off  the  sparkling, meticulously waxed floors —  even the bathrooms were clean — which all adds up to a fabulous shopping experience.
 
As Michelle was trying on a seemingly endless pile of girly stuff, I wandered into the store's "Young Adult" book section where I discovered a copy of The Case of the High Seas Secret by the distinguished sister author duo of  Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. I was so immediately gripped by the riveting storyline, that I had to take a break and spend the eight minutes necessary to read it cover-to-cover.

Heck yeah, these galoshes were flippin' awesome!
(I wish I was still a Size 5. I wish I was still a size 5. I wish I was still a size 5 .)
 


Words to live by.
After approximately 90 minutes, we'd only covered half of the store and the effects of our early morning Starbucks experience were wearing off. Consequently, Michelle informed me that she would, in fact, gnaw her arm off within minutes if we didn't start making our way to Coconuts on the Beach, for lunch very soon!
 
I carefully made some mental notes as to which areas of the store we had not yet covered and I hope to complete our unfinished mission next week.
 
-Christopher Long
(February 2012)

 
 
 
 
 
 The latest from author Christopher Long
is available NOW on Amazon.
 
Also from Christopher Long...
Get it on Amazon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment