Tuesday, January 24, 2012

THRIFT STORE ADVENTURES - Pt. V (Valentine Edition)


YUCK!
(Cupid threw up all over our fave thrift store.)
My girlfriend and I
often disagree on a
variety of topics. In
short, she's a regi-
stered "D" who still
thinks "Man In the
Box" is cool. Yikes!
However, there is 
ONE issue on which
we're in agreement... VALENTINE'S
DAY
SUCKS!

___________________________________________________________________
 

Oh, if I only had a nickel for
every time I've heard this
line, I could have bought
a dozen of these figurines!
It's a made-up holiday that
places stress and anxieties 
back on the shoulders of
poor schlubs who only
recently dodged the
Christmas gift-giving bullet.
If you REALLY love me,
shower me AGAIN with 
MORE expensive gifts.
And they'd better be good!
So I was less than enthusi-
astic when we ventured out
on our first thrifting excur-
sion of 2012 and discovered
that our fave destination, 
was decked out in all sorts
of Valentine's-related crap.
 
 
FYI, only in the supernatural thrift store realm are
The Oak Ridge Boys and Foreigner still considered cool.
But we made the
best of an un-
pleasant situation
and managed to
still make some
amazing discoveries
and score some
cool new swag...
 
 
 
 
 
 I occasionally will
photograph certain
wackier finds simply
to share with my
readers. However,
this hot pink Styx
shirt had to be mine!
C'mon, what would
you have done? 
 
 
 
 

Had this "Little Thinker" cassette case
only come with an 8-Track converter, I
gleefully would have ponied up the $1.50.
Stand by, kids.
Springtime is right
around the corner
which is THE
prime shopping
season in the thrift
world. And I look
forward to sharing
many, many more
incredible dis-
coveries in the
upcoming weeks.
 
-Christopher Long
(January 2012)
 

Author Christopher Long's latest book
is available NOW on Amazon.
 
Also from Christopher Long...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment