Sunday, November 6, 2011

THRIFT STORE ADVENTURES - Pt. II


A real find!


My girlfriend and I share
a passion for thrifting.
So we were giddy about
having an opportunity
this weekend to venture
out to one of our favorite destinations — the thrift
store at Holy Name of
Jesus Catholic Church,
located in Indian
Harbour Beach, Florida.
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
There's never a bad time for a new bag
and I was delighted to have scored an
awesome addition for my collection.
(A guy's gotta carry his stuff somehow!)
And although the design was rather basic,
the color was, in a word, FABULOUS!
 
 
We also discovered an oddity
that  I'm told is called a video
cassette tape. And like DVDs, 
it has the capability to transmit 
visual images onto your TV
screen. Although a machine
known as a VCR is required
in order to use it, I had to
make the purchase as this
program features two epi-
from 1978 back when it
used to be a comedy show.
Plus, it only cost $1. Hope-
fully I can locate one of
those VCR devices on eBay.
 
 I'm not a terribly big Foxy
Shazam fan, but my son is. And this shirt looked so fun
that I couldn't resist hook-
ing him up. Besides, they
were only asking about 
38¢ for it. What would
you have done?
 
We hope to get an earlier
start next weekend and visit several more fave local
spots. And of course I'll be
sure to file a detailed report!
 
-Christopher Long
(2011)
 
 
 
The latest from author Christopher Long
is available NOW on Amazon.
 
Also from Christopher Long...
Available on Amazon.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment