Friday, November 18, 2011

THRIFT STORE ADVENTURES - Pt. III (Holiday Edition)

Michelle and I got a bit of a jump today on the holiday thrifting season. As grizzled veterans of the thrift store scene, we realized that we needed to call out for additional backup on today's excursion. Consequently, our friend Bambi (yes, that is her real name) came along to offer us much-needed guidance, support and encouragement.

And what treasures we found...

Although it's hard to see in this pic, the
"Hanukkah Harry" bear comes with his own yarmulke!

Apparently, Santa is quite the fisherman.
Who knew?

I'm hoping that Santa will stash a winning
season inside of my new Dallas Cowboys stocking.

My newest favorite new shirt!

Bambi's new shirt is, in a word, appropriate.

There's no place like home.
There's no place like home.
There's no place like home.

The spiritual message for the day...
(FRONT)

(BACK)
Like Ace Frehley, circa '76, Michelle won't allow herself
to be photographed without her trademark makeup.

In short, today's outing was incredible. And not even the pungent fragrance of fresh poop, permeating from the elderly gentleman standing next to me in the check-out line could tarnish the experience that Michelle refers to as, "our ultimate score!"

And our well-deserved, post-shopping lunch
at Skewers in Indialantic, FL was SCRUMPTUOUS!

Good times, to be sure!


 
*Author Christopher Long's latest book,
C'MON! - My Story of Rock, Ruin and Revelation
is available NOW on Amazon!

1 comment:

  1. I've been scooped again! You know, I've had my eye on Hanukkah Harry for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete