Thursday, September 8, 2011

ENTER SANDMEN

Master Sand Sculptor, Jill Harris

 ENTER
SANDMEN

I had the distinct pleasure
earlier this week of meeting
with Master Sand Sculptor,
Jill Harris, at my local
Starbucks. I had recently
discovered the amazing
creations by Jill and her
partner, World Champion
sand sculptor, Thomas Koet,

___________________________________________________________________
 

World Champion Sand Sculptor,
Thomas Koet
One of Sandsational's slogans is, 'When you want WOW!' And to be quite honest, I can't think of a better or more accurate pitch. I was immediately in awe of their incredible artistry, and since this creative team  is  based in my hometown of Melbourne, Florida, my journalist instincts led me to set up a face-to-face interview with Ms. Harris.
 
Although Harris and Koet travel the world year 'round creating their unique art, one of  the more exciting events currently on their schedule is the upcoming Art of Sand International Sand Sculpting Festival being held next month here in Melbourne at the Space Coast Stadium. The Art of Sand is a sand sculpting exhibition featuring the work of  17 international Master Sand Sculptors. I'm  looking forward  to  witnessing first-hand what these renowned artists will create with over 1,000 tons of sand. The festival will run from October 14 - 23 and is open to the public.

More behind-the-scenes details coming soon!

-Christopher Long
(September 2011)


 The latest from author Christopher Long
is available NOW on Amazon.
 
Also from Christopher Long...
Available on Amazon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment